Sometimes, AOL mail users face difficulty in receiving and sending emails using their AOL account. They also could not access their accounts because of some of the other reasons. Therefore, a user needs to follow a few essential steps in order to get rid of AOL mail not working issue. In this document, I have listed down some easy workarounds to get rid of AOL mail problems.
Why are my AOL mails not loading?
The following could be the reasons why your AOL mails not loading on your device:
- poor internet connectivity
- firewall guidelines
- cookies in your browser
- AOL app compatibility issues
Fixes for AOL mail not working on iPhone
iPhone users can use the following three methods to fix the issue with their AOL mail:
- Enable and disable the airplane mode to fix AOL mail issue
- Try to reset network settings and see if it works
- Delete your AOL account from iPhone and then add it back
Apply method 1
- To enable Airplane mode, swipe up on the screen of your iOS device.
- This will open the Control Panel.
- Here, you need to tap on the ‘Plane’ icon to enable it.
- Wait for a few seconds and then disable it again using the same method.
Apply another method- delete and add back your AOL account
- First of all, open the Settings tab of your iPhone.
- Now, go to the ‘Passwords & Accounts’ section.
- Here, you will see all the accounts that you have added to your device.
- Scroll down and locate the AOL account and then select it followed by tapping on ‘Delete Account’.
- To add your account back to the list, follow the steps 1 and 2.
- Now, click on Add Account option and select AOL from the list.
- In the end, complete the AOL sign-in process.
Fix AOL mail not working on Android
If AOL mail on Android not working properly, then you may follow the workarounds given below. After following these steps correctly you can take to get it working again on your Android device. In case, a user is receiving an error message when he is trying to sign in or add an account in the AOL app, he may need to reset his password.
Method 1 Update your device’s software
To use AOL app hassle-free, you should make sure that your device is running the most recent version of Android but you can easily update it from the Settings tab of your Android device.
Method 2 Force stop and restart the app
This method is for Android version 4.4 and later
- Begin by opening the Settings app of your device.
- After this, tap on the “Apps” option and then tap on “AOL”.
- Now, click on the “Force Stop” option twice to confirm your action.
- Further, you need to launch the app again and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 3 Delete the app and re-install it again
- First of all, you need to go to the Settings app of your Android device.
- Now, from here, you need to click on the Apps option,
- Followed y this, tap on the AOL option and then select Uninstall.
- To confirm your action to delete AOL, select OK.
- In the end, download and install the AOL app again.
If you are still facing similar issues, then you may try speaking to an expert or go through the official website of AOL for finding out the best solutions.