Are you tired of trying to access your AOL mail again and again but not able to do so? If yes, then this post will prove to be helpful for getting rid of this problem. But, before that, we will learn what is AOL email error 116, the reasons behind its occurrence and also the ways to fix it.
What is error code AOL 116?
This error code usually occurs when you are having difficulty while sending or receiving emails from your AOL account. During this situation, you might come across several error messages and one of them is AOL email error 116. Other than this, you may also come across error code AOL 106 which occurs due to the firewall that is restricting internet connection. To fix it, you can simply disable the firewall and then try to access your AOL account.
Reasons why you get AOL error 116
- Due to the presence of corrupt or damaged files in your system.
- You might have accidentally deleted an app or hardware.
- There might be the presence of corrupt entries in the Windows registry.
- Due to spyware, virus, or malware attack.
AOL email error 116- Try these fixes
- Click on the ‘Start’ button and choose ‘All programs’ from the taskbar.
- After this, select ‘Accessories’ and then select ‘System Tools’.
- When a new window opens, select ‘System Restore’.
- Now, choose ‘Restore my computer to an earlier time’ option and click ‘Next’.
- Further, you need to select the most recent system restore point when asked in the list reading as ‘On this list, click a restore point’ and click ‘Next’.
When the process completes, restart your device and try to access your AOL account once again. If this method doesn’t work, then you may try the next method in which you need to boot your device ins Safe Mode.
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu and open the ‘Run’ dialog box.
- In this box, type ‘misconfigure’ as the command and then click OK.
- This will open the System Configuration window.
- Here, you need to tap on the ‘Services’ tab and select the deactivate option for every service of Microsoft.
- Now, reboot your device and it will be done in Safe Mode.
- Once you are done, you can try to access your AOL account by using AOL Mail login credentials.
For further help, you can get in touch with the experts who will provide you with guided solutions to fix the issue.