AOL Mail has been the choice of users for it offers several emailing services to the users. But, at times, it could become annoying and starts to display some kind of error message. There could be various reasons for this inappropriate behavior of the email provider. Therefore you need to quickly fix the issues to start using AOL again. One of the common problems faced by AOL users is ‘AOL Blerk error 1’ which they get during AOL Mail Login. Therefore, let us know what this error is and how to tackle it.
What is Blerk Error 1 in AOL Mail?
This error is browser-based and can occur on any browser including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Safari or Mozilla Firefox. This may happen because you are trying to access your AOL mail on an outdated version of the aforementioned software. When you come across this error it may also give way to other problems such as problems during the AOL mail authentication process and so on. So to fix this error, you first need to know the reason and then clear it off.
Reasons behind getting AOL Blerk Error 1
- Using the older or outdated versions of the browser is the chief reason.
- Problems associated with AOL Desktop Gold.
- A large amount of ‘History’ data.
- You haven’t cleared the Cookies for a long.
Ways to fix Blerk Error in AOL Mail
Doing the following things in your Web browser could help resolve the issue:
- Activate the ‘Protection Mode’
- Reset the Settings
- Customize the security settings
- Clear the History, Cookies, Cache memory
Quick fix steps for Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click ‘More’ (…).
- Select ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Advanced’.
- Now, select ‘Privacy & Security’ from the drop-down menu.
- Further, you need to scroll down and click ‘Content Settings’.
- Tap ‘cookies’ and then select ‘See all cookies and site data’.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Remove All’ option.
- This is how you can clean the Cookies on other web browsers.
Easy steps to fix the issue on Internet Explorer
Here, we will learn how to enable the Protection Mode in web browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer and click ‘Tools’.
- Here, select ‘Internet Options’ followed by ‘Security’.
- Tap on ‘Internet zone’.
- Tick-mark the box present next to ‘Enable Protected Mode’.
- Further, select the ‘Trusted sites zone’.
- Again tick-mark the box to Enable Protected Mode.
- Close Internet Explorer and then restart your device.
Fix the error in Mozilla Firefox
Here’s how you can enable the Protection Mode in Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Mozilla Firefox and click ‘More’ (…).
- Select ‘Help’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select ‘Restart with Add-ons Disabled’.
- Further, you will see a pop-up menu.
- Here, you need to click the ‘Start in Safe Mode’ button.
Enable the Safe Mode in Safari to fix this issue
- Open Safari and select ‘Safari’.
- After this, select the ‘Preferences’ option from the drop-down list.
- Click on ‘Websites’ and select ‘AOL’ from the list of recently opened pages.
- Now, long-press the ‘Alt’ key and click on Menu available next to AOL.
- Select ‘Run in Safe Mode’ and then tap ‘Trust’.
- Restart Safari and see if it works.
If you still see Blerk error 1 message, then you may need to take the help of experts. For more information, you can visit the official website of AOL and look for solutions in FAQs.