Sometimes, when you subscribe to a plan, create an account for it, and get your purpose done, you stop using the platform. But, your account continues to be active with the service provider until you delete it. On the other hand, if you have an AOL account but you are no longer using it, then AOL might deactivate your account after 180 days of inactivity. Furthermore, there could be other reasons why is your AOL account deactivated.
If you wish to reactivate your AOL account, then you may recover a deactivated AOL account.
Why is my AOL account deactivated?
Below are given some of the reasons why your AOL account got deactivated. Even if your reason is not listed here, some other causes might have lead to the deactivation of your account.
- You have requested AOL to delete your account. But, you do not want it to happen now, that is why you wish to reactivate your account.
- In case, it has been more than 90 days that you have logged in. In some cases, it is 180 days.
- In case someone has misused your account and you have reported the issue.
- Someone or you might have violated the terms and conditions of AOL.
Steps to recover deactivated AOL account
In the case of the AOL account deactivated due to inactivity, you may follow the steps given in the following section in the same manner as it is mentioned. Reactivating an AOL account is very simple. All you need to do is log in again using the same login credentials that you have used earlier. Here are the steps for doing it:
- First of all, open a web browser through which you wish to access your account.
- In the search bar, you have to type mail.AOL.com and hit the Enter key or press the Go button.
- After this, you will be taken to the main page of the AOL login.
- Here, you need to enter your email address in the given space.
- After entering your AOL username or email address, tap on the Next option.
- In this step, you have to enter your password that is associated with this account.
- Once you enter the password, tap on the Sign In option.
- After this, your account will be reactivated instantly.
If you have subscribed to the AOL premium subscription, then you may follow the steps given in the next section.
AOL account deactivated due to inactivity- reactivate now
Note: these steps are for those users who have subscribed to the AOL premium subscription.
- To initiate the process, open your preferred web browser.
- After this, you need to go to the login page of AOL.
- Now, enter your username/email address and password.
- Once you complete the login, click on the ‘My Services’ tab.
- Further, select the ‘Subscriptions’ option and find the service or product you wish to reactivate.
- Now, select the ‘Subscription Information’ option.
- Next, you will be shown a link on your screen.
- Copy this link and paste it in the new tab of the web browser.
- In the resulting page, you need to complete the login process once again by providing the correct details.
- Now, follow some on-screen instructions to complete the reactivation process.
Hopefully, your account is now successfully reactivated. If not, then you may repeat these steps again. In case, you have forgotten your AOL account password, then you may reset it by following some easy steps.