Are you one of those users who are suffering from the AOL desktop gold icon missing issue while using the AOL platform? Don’t worry we have the solution for you if you have failed in restoring the disappeared AOL icon. One of the common errors faced by AOL users is that the AOL desktop gold icon missing even if you have downloaded and installed it properly. In this article, you will get to learn the steps to restore AOL Desktop Gold Icon Disappeared. So, without wasting any time let us start the topic.
“AOL desktop gold icon missing”- Elaborated explanation
The moment you are unable to find the AOL gold icon on your desktop, it is then considered to be absent from your working desktop. You can also say that if the AOL icon is not seen anywhere on the Windows start menu then you have encountered with AOL desktop gold icon missing. There can be various reasons behind this error to occur such as:
- You have not marked a tick in the “Create AOL shortcut icon” checkbox during the AOL install process.
- Your PC has malicious software that is starting and removing the AOL symbol from the desktop.
- Features on the device like System Maintenance and task scheduler are activated.
- Your PC has corrupted files and that when you see “AOL Desktop Gold Icon Disappeared” on-screen.
What you should do before searching for the AOL desktop gold icon missing on the desktop?
- First of all, scan your device and remove any trojans and viruses.
- Move all the shortcuts icons to some of the folders.
- Now, right-tap on the empty area and select the “View” option from the menu on-screen.
- Make sure that you have selected the “Show desktop icon” option.
- After this, refresh your desktop screen try to find the AOL icon missing from iPhone.
- Refresh your desktop screen and find the lost AOL gold icon.
- In the end, run the automatic system troubleshooting button and ensure there is no issue with the AOL desktop Gold program.
How to Restore Missing AOL Desktop Gold Icon from “System Tray”?
It’s always good to start from the basic, here are the common issues and their solutions to eradicate the AOL desktop gold icon missing error:
- The first and foremost thing is to check if you have the AOL gold latest version.
- Just check your Windows update setting and you have to now make sure your Windows PC updates.
- Check the system tray on your PC and if the AOL desktop gold icon missing then try to reinstall AOL desktop gold.
- Just make sure if your computer is meeting the system requirements.
How to recover the AOL desktop gold icon missing on your screen?
- Go to the system drive and drag the AOL desktop gold to the home screen.
- Remember, if you have trouble creating the AOL logo on the desktop, tap on the “Cone-shaped” icon.
- If you see the Desktop gold logo on the desktop then right tap on the icon to select the “Create Shortcut” button.
- However, if there is no icon then open the AOL gold program and select the “Keep it in the dock” option.
- If you still see AOL desktop gold icon missing then open the registry window and clear the cache file.
Point to remember: Before you delete the cache file, you are requested to change the “Max cached” icons value.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has helped you to restore Missing AOL Desktop Gold Icon. Make sure if your system complies with all the basic demands when none of the hacks works and you can visit the AOL Sign in page where you will get the assistance from the desktop gold experts for further troubleshooting guidance. The assistance from the AOL team is available 24/7 to assist you with proper solutions.